Opens in a new window Opens an external site Opens an external site in a new tab
- providing opinions on the Condominium Act, 1998, and other legislation applicable to condominiums, such as the Human Rights Code.
- interpreting declarations, by-laws and rules and providing opinions on same, including frequently opinions on repair and maintenance issues.
- drafting new declarations, by-laws and rules or amendments thereto
- drafting, reviewing or negotiating agreements, including section 98 agreements, telecommunications agreements, management contracts, and loan documents
- chairing meetings of the owners, including annual general meetings, requisitioned meetings, and other special meetings
- assisting with shared facilities disputes, negotiations, and drafting new agreements
- explaining the unique features of the various types of condominiums, including standard, phased, vacant land, common elements, and leasehold condominiums
- providing guidance throughout complex condominium legal issues, including amalgamations, terminations, and expropriations
Compliance & Litigation
- assisting with the enforcement of the Condominium Act, 1998 and the declaration, by-laws and rules against owners, tenants, and others.
- representing condominiums and owners at mediations, arbitrations, court, and tribunal processes, including the Condominium Authority Tribunal.
- assistance with the collection of common expenses owing by owners to condominiums, including chargebacks and monthly arrears
- preparing notices of liens, liens, and discharges of liens.
- collecting arrears using attornments of rent.
- power of sale or foreclosure actions to collect arrears from owners