Former Director's Six Year Battle with Condo Continues...
Durham Condominium Corporation No. 45 and Swan. As a recap, Swan was elected as a director in June of 2009. He often disagreed with the other directors about the management of the condominium. Two months after he was elected he started a claim against the condominium and another against one of the directors. In the first 4 months of his term as director he took several steps without authorization of the board, including:
- terminating the property manager;
- commencing two actions in the name of the condominium against the property management company and its president;
- commencing an action against the condominium and misleading the other directors by accepting service of the claim on behalf of the condominium;
- sending harassing and insulting emails to directors and management; and
- installing a satellite dish on the common elements.